Thursday, 29 November 2007

investments

spending money on things that are a little over the ol' budget.... nothing drastic, a book, a magazine, a cake, a wheel, some stylie shorts for my man, and the ever faithful budget ruiners - food and booze.
Pictures from in fashion magazine issue 33, loads of crazy inspirations for my pottery, colour structure, detail, its all there, I just need to trial and error to adapt techniques from textiles to ceramics... very exciting!






















Valentino Garavani for VALENTINO. I love the structured half circles clinging to the
delicate highly patterned
framework.





















Alber Elbaz for LANVIN, almost the opposite, the ruffles fall as they pleased, tipped with gloss to highlight the
curves.




















Paulo Melim Anderson for CHLOE. so exp
ressive in colour and application, great asymmetry.



















Riccardo Tisci for GIVENCHY, Albert Kriemler for AKRIS. loving the scales, can really see this translating into surface treatment for ceramics. The geometric and folded shapes are beautiful too, reminds me of traditional pleating treatments we experimented with at Massey.
And last of all images from a recent ebay purchase Decorating pottery with clay, slip and glaze by F. Carlton Ball 1967! which could give me a few clues on my way to achieving some of the prettiness I desire for my pots...

No comments:

Post a Comment